The Ladysmith Maritime Society is pleased to offer guided tours of the Harbour during summer months in our restored lifeboat, Maritimer.
Thousands of people have enjoyed a 90-minute cruise, listening to stories of the local history, viewing eagles, seals, otters, cormorants, starfish, jellyfish and other wildlife along the way. As part of the fun, your skipper will take you to where you can “Cross the Line” … the 49th Parallel that is! Don’t forget to stop in at the Marina Office to purchase a T-shirt to prove it.
Maritimer can accommodate up to 10 people and our skippers are Transport Canada-certified.
July & August public tours operate Wednesday through Sunday at 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Tours are by reservation, on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to reserve a spot, call our Marina Office at 250-245-1146.
With a minimum of 6 people, you can enjoy a personalized tour on the Maritimer with one of our experienced skippers. These tours are available at times other than the public tour schedule (above).
Call 250-245-1146 to reserve your tour. If necessary, leave a message, and a skipper will return your call to confirm.
- $15 per adult
- $7.50 each under 18 years old
We hope you enjoy your tour!
While you’re on the docks:
- Stop in at our award-winning floating museum, see restored heritage vessels
- Take the kids to the Sea Life Centre, next to the blue Bill Adair Boathouse where the heritage vessels, C.A. Kirkegaard and Saravan, are moored. Discover sea creatures below the glass floor and explore ocean fascinations in the “touch tanks!”
- Peek into a Purple Martin’s nest using the webcam located left of the Bill Adair entrance
- Before or after your Harbour Tour, try the culinary delights at our Oyster Bay Café!